Whether you are an MSP managing multiple client networks, or you’re responsible for IT Security within your own organization, regular network vulnerability scanning is a BASIC procedure recommended by virtually every IT security practice framework. Yet many IT professionals don’t do it for all the wrong reasons. And those who do are and often overwhelmed by the scan alerts.
GM Max Pruger will deliver some best practices and helpful tips that will guide you in the use of vulnerability scanning products, and get the most out of the scan results.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Why network vulnerability scanning is so important, and issues it can detect
- How to deploy and set up a virtual vulnerability scanner in less than 10 minutes
- How to determine the scheduled frequency of scans based on specific criteria
- When it makes sense to deploy multiple scanners across a network
- Common exclusion rules to set up to reduce the amount of “noise’ from the system
- Recommended filters to use when reviewing scan results